woensdag 12 mei 2010

Join My Party

This morning I read the morning newspaper on my way to school when I bumped into an article regarding social media use among the Dutch politicians of today. The article started with some information about our very own prime minister who ate a piece of cake yesterday with a few of his 200.000 hyvesfriends. I laughed out loud when I read that these friends shared their birthday, May 15th, with Jan Peter Balkenende.

I decided that I wanted some more insight in this happening.. I couldn’t find anything on Prime Ministers’ hyves, me not being one of his 196.430 friends (a request is pending). When I searched some more I found out he had invited 15 of his hyvesfriend who shared the birthday and to launch CDA-radio. Balkenende received some nice presents such as decorated soup cans, self made collages and some books.
I have to admit he makes it count.. ‘As a politician you need to know what is happening in the society, Hyves helps me with that. This is a nice opportunity to meet each other for real.’ he tells in an interview. My birthday is on September 24th, unfortunately all celebrities who share that same birthday died. Nevertheless, when you celebrate your birthday on the following date, make sure you will send a friendrequest...

May 27th – Jamie Oliver
July 6th- the 14th Dalai Lama
August 4th – Barack Obama
October 13th – Margaret Thatcher
December 18th – Brad Pitt

1 reacties:

Jobien zei

I like your blog!! unfortunately my birthday isn't in there. As far as i know the only one celebrity that shares my birthday is Billy the Kid. Only he's dead already. Its a bummer.

Look forward to your next blog!

Een reactie posten